Our team understands that there are unique difficulties in bringing a cat to the vet:
- Cats often do not travel well and feel unsafe away from their home
- They are highly sensitive to new sights, sounds and smells
- Most cats prefer quiet and solitude and are highly susceptible to stress
- Most cats are highly stressed by nearby dogs in the clinic
- Cats need to be handled gently and with respect in the clinic
What is a Cat Friendly Clinic?
Fairmount Animal Hospital has reached a higher standard of cat care in that our team:
- Understands the needs of cats and will help make visits to the hospital cat friendly
- Understands how to approach and handle cats gently and with care
- Has knowledge, training, and equipment to manage the care of cats
What does it mean for my cat and me?
A Cat Friendly Practice gives you peace of mind and reassurance, letting you know that:
- We have achieved standards for the treatment of cats and have taken steps to ensure your cat has a calm and positive experience
- Our team is happy to talk with you, show you what we do, and show you our designated cat only room and other areas of the hospital
- Our Feliway Diffuser in the cat room emits a synthetic feline facial pheromone to help reduce stress
- We will explain your cat’s treatment and recovery clearly and sensitively so that you have a full understand of what is going on
If you have any questions or concerns about your cat and the clinic, please ask a member of our team who will be pleased to help.