Starting in 2020 boarding will be limited to established patients with specific medical needs that can only be found in a hospital environment. Requests can be made by e-mailing: email@example.com. After your reservation has been confirmed please fill out our Boarding Sheet online by clicking here: Boarding Intake
We understand that boarding your dog or cat can be very stressful, not only on you, but also on your pets. Steps taken to alleviate or prevent the stress you pet can endure while away from home include:
- We separate dog and cat environments completely, including separate entrances.
- Several of our staff members are Fear Free certified - an extensive certification program that provides training on recognizing signs of fear, anxiety, and stress in our pets and how to resolve these issues through different handling techniques, changing a pet's environment to fit their needs, using interactive puzzle or treat dispensing toys to improve their emotional well-being, etc.
- We play calming, clinically stress-reducing music for pets, continuously throughout the day.
- We release Adaptil pheromones into the air to help reduce stress in our canines and Feliway pheromones to help reduce stress in our felines.
- Adaptil mimics the pheromone mother dogs emit after giving birth to help their puppies feel calm and secure - no matter their age, dogs will recognize this pheromone.
- Feliway mimics the facial pheromone cats create when rubbing their cheeks against objects when they feel comfortable. This pheromone marks their territory as safe and secure.
- We monitor/record weight, exercise, eliminations, and physical and emotional health daily. Our veterinarian team is intimately involved with day-to-day care and immediately notified of any problem, big or small.
Boarding Admission Hours*
No admission on Sunday
Boarding Discharge Hours*
*No admission or discharge on New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
Boarding Requirements for Dogs
Current Rabies Vaccine, Kennel Cough Vaccine, Distemper Vaccine and a negative fecal sample within the year. Please bring your pet's food with them to eat while they board as switching their diet can cause GI upset. We supply the dishes, blankets and TLC! Dogs are individually walked a minimum 3 times per day unless other requests have been made.
Boarding Requirements for Cats
Current Rabies Vaccine, FVRCP Vaccine (upper respiratory vaccine) and a negative fecal sample within the year. Please bring your pet's food with them to eat while they board as switching their diet can cause GI upset. We supply the dishes, blankets and TLC!
To make a Boarding Reservation
E-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After making your reservation please fill out our Boarding sheet online by clicking here: Boarding Intake
Some dogs and cats love going to the kennel, others not so much. A boarding kennel environment can be stressful for pets who have never been kenneled before or pets that finds a cage/run restrictive. Whether staying at a boarding kennel is going to stress your pet depends entirely on his or her personality and level of socialization.
Signs of kennel stress in cats include:
lack of urination/defecation
inability to sleep
Signs of kennel stress in dogs include:
excessive barking, pacing, jumping
refusal to go to the bathroom outside due to unfamiliar surroundings
cage aggression to different walkers
Please know our boarding staff will try to do everything we can to make each pet’s boarding visit less stressful as possible. It is our goal to make sure each pet is safe and has a clean cage and blanket along with fresh water and food daily.