- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Fairmount Animal Hospital runs a small cat adoption program. To date, we have homed over 200 cats! When we have the availability, we take in stray cats, unwanted kittens and cats whose owners can no longer keep them.
If you're interested in adopting, the process is as follows:
1. Fill out an adoption application here: Download & Print
2. Adoption interview - Meet and greet
3. Veterinary reference check - if you are not a client of Fairmount Animal Hospital, we will need a veterinary reference. We check is to see if past and current pets are kept up to date on vaccines and spayed/neutered.
4. The adoption fee is $120 which could include spay/neuter and a microchip depending on age of kitten.
*Kittens may not be fully vaccinated if adopted before 16 weeks of age. Kittens will need to come back for final vaccination series and spaying/neutering. If you take ownership of a kitten who needs to come back for these services, you will be responsible for the cost of this care.
Pets Currently Available for Adoption at
Fairmount Animal Hospital:
Please call or email for our current list of adoptable pets.
If you're interested in any of our available pets, please call us at (315) 468-3446 or e-mail Taylor, the adoption manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind, some of our cats are out in foster care, so they may not be at the hospital at all times.
Other Rescues for Cats:
- Alley Cat Allies: (240) 482-1980
- CNY Cat Coalition: (315) 420-SPAY
- CNY SNAP: (607) 756-2561 (Also has low cost spay and neuter)
- CNY SPCA: (315) 454-3469
- Feral Cat Friends: (315) 252-2406
- Forever Friends: (315) 399-2780
- Humane Association: (315) 457-8762
- No Cats Left Behind: email@example.com
- Oswego SPCA: (315) 297-4900
- Save the Animals: (315) 488-3201
- United Friends of Homeless Animals: (315) 298-4733
- Wanderers Rest Humane Association: (315) 697-2796
- Wayward Paws: (315) 461-4228 - waywardpaws.org