Fairmount Animal Hospital runs a small adoption program. To date, we have homed over 400 cats and 30 dogs! When we have the availability, we take in strays or pets whose owners can no longer keep.
If you're interested in adopting, the process is as follows:
1. Fill out a CAT adoption application here: Click here
1a. Fill out a DOG adoption application here: Download & Print
2. Adoption interview - Meet and greet
3. Veterinary reference check - if you are not a client of Fairmount Animal Hospital, we will need a veterinary reference. We check to see if past and current pets are kept up to date on vaccines and spayed/neutered.
4. Adoption fee includes initial vaccines, spay/neuter, and a microchip depending on age of kitten. Kittens may not be fully vaccinated if adopted before 16 weeks of age, and may possibly need to come back to be spayed/neutered. If you take ownership of a kitten who needs to come back for these services, you will be responsible for the cost of this care.
Please call our office at 315-468-3446 for a list of available pets for adoption. Keep in mind some of our pets may be in a foster home.
If you're interested in any of our available pets, please call us at (315) 468-3446 or e-mail either of our adoption managers:
Sommer - email@example.com or Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Rescues for Cats:
- CNY Cat Coalition: (315) 420-SPAY
- CNY SNAP: (607) 756-2561 (Also has low cost spay and neuter)
- CNY SPCA: (315) 454-3469
- Feral Cat Friends: (315) 252-2406
- Forever Friends: (315) 399-2780
- Humane Association: (315) 457-8762
- No Cats Left Behind: email@example.com
- Oswego SPCA: (315) 297-4900
- Save the Animals: (315) 488-3201
- United Friends of Homeless Animals: (315) 298-4733
- Wanderers Rest Humane Association: (315) 697-2796
- Wayward Paws: (315) 461-4228 - waywardpaws.org